Oprah Winfrey

Oprah Winfrey a woman of courage and conviction. In addition she is rich and she has a big heart. I was born on the same date as Oprah and I must say although I am not as rich as she is, my heart is just as huge. In this blog, I will attempt to bring back news that I find interesting about this woman, Oprah Winfrey.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Oprah Winfrey and Obama in DC

The moment has arrived for Oprah Winfrey fans. She is going to bring her show to the Kennedy center in Washington DC and has picked out an inaugural ball dress. Well regardless of how you may feel about the new president, this is a moment of joy even in the midst of economic recession.

Well for me life has been good and it is not about money as truthfully my investment in real estate has been crumpled to say the least. But in the process I've met people who were willing to help me and my faith in God was tested. I must say it is like having cancer and you have to keep your chin up and hope alive but keeping the hope is the only thing to help me go through any life crisis.

And God is my hope -- I am very glad though that I can leave the burden for Her as it was very difficult to think that there won't be any change soon. I really feel for our brothers and sisters out there who don't believe in God. it must be tough to think you have to be responsible for every thing. Maybe we are but think that we can leave all of those unwanted burden on shoulder of a superior being... is worthwhile for me at least for now.

Now we see what is in the news.

Shortly before the Nov. 4 presidential election, talk-show diva and noted Obama-backer Oprah Winfrey announced that she'd already picked out her inaugural ball gown, a sign of overconfidence that she did not have to pay for in the end.

Now that Barack Obama's inauguration is virtually certain (unless the Supreme Court's ponderings lead it to get involved), Oprah has announced she's taking her Chicago talk show to WOprah had Barack and Michelle Obama on her nationally syndicated TV show which she's taking to Washington for the inauguralashington, which is also famous for lotsa talk. (And that'll allow her to write off the gown cost as a business expense.)

She's rented the 2,300-seat Kennedy Center to do two shows there right around Jan. 20.

You may remember Oprah came out early for her fellow Chicagoan. She held a huge celebrity fundraiser for him at her Montecito house.

And she emceed giant primary rallies for him in Iowa and North Carolina, which he won, and New Hampshire, which he lost to Hillary Clinton, the first serious female presidential candidate who many former Oprah fans thought she should support. Winfrey's ratings took a hit.

We don't want to let anything out of the bag and spoil the screaming.

But wouldn't it just be a perfect television moment if, while Oprah is talking to the excited Kennedy Center audience in January, a certain someone who's about to become president and maybe his wife too walked out on the stage behind the show host?

Everyone would cry, except those execs watching the ratings.**(this is funny)

--Andrew Malcolm

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home